Cookies may also be used also by Santu and WorldPay to process your payments.
The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society only use the information provided
by you, to process your requests and order.
We do not collect or store your Credit Card details.
Details, on the printed Invoice form, are eventually saved by the Treasurer
and Membership Secretary.
The Treasurer saves the 'Invoices' for at least 5 years to fulfil UK legal requirements.
No information is released to third parties, or collated for distribution.
DHRS DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society is a company limited by guarantee whose aim is
to promote awareness of, interest in and support for the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway.
The DHRS has always been committed to protecting personal data and will ensure that data
security and processing conform with the GDPR legislation.
Personal Data kept and processed by the DHRS
• We only collect and update information when members join, renew membership or when they advise the Membership Secretary.
• This information can be given by post, verbally, telephone or email.
• The only data collected is name and address – and phone number and/or email if given.
• Bank details are neither requested nor recorded.
• We do not collect bank or card details from users of our shopping cart. Santu, WorldPay and PayPal process and collect payment but we only see the name and address of the client and we are allowed to store these details under the legislation.
• Personal data will only be kept for a year except where a longer period is required by statute, eg. Sales purchases.
• Personal data is never passed to a third party.
• Personal data stored electronically is done so on devices with secure passwords and virus protection. Paper data is kept in secure storage.
• If members wish to contact each other this can only be done initially via the Membership Secretary.
• Upon written notification members can withdraw consent for photos or videos of themselves to be published.
Members rights under GDPR
• To access their personal data.
• To be provided with information about how personal data is processed.
• To have personal data corrected.
• To have personal data erased in certain circumstances.
• To object to or restrict how personal data is processed.
• To complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Post: ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
DHRS Data Controller
Janine Bird, DHRS Membership Secretary
Cookies are used by this web site or our shopping cart web site
Cookies that maybe used by Santu and WorldPay in the processing of your
payments and are not part of the DHRS web sites.