The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, no. 7406570. Registered office: 1 Interfields Cottage, Lower Interfields, Malvern, England, WR14 1UU
Web site designed in-house by DHRS © 2019
Terms and Conditions
© Copyright The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society Ltd. 2000-2018 - all rights reserved.
Your use of this Web site (hereinafter “the Site”) is subject to our following Terms and Conditions, which by using the Web site you are deemed to accept. Please read these carefully.
Conditions of Use
The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society (hereinafter “the Society”)
is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, no. 7406570.
Registered office: 1 Interfields Cottage, Lower Interfields, Malvern, England, WR14 1UU
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation legislation came into effect on 25th May 2018.
To comply with the legislation, and to reassure members, this is the
DHRS DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society is a company limited by guarantee whose aim is
to promote awareness of, interest in and support for the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway.
The DHRS has always been committed to protecting personal data and will ensure that data
security and processing conform with the GDPR legislation.
Personal Data kept and processed by the DHRS
• We only collect and update information when members join, renew membership or when they advise the Membership Secretary.
• This information can be given by post, verbally, telephone or email.
• The only data collected is name and address – and phone number and/or email if given.
• Bank details are neither requested nor recorded.
• We do not collect bank or card details from users of our shopping cart. Santu, WorldPay and PayPal process and collect payment but we only see the name and address of the client and we are allowed to store these details under the legislation.
• Personal data will only be kept for a year except where a longer period is required by statute, eg. Sales purchases.
• Personal data is never passed to a third party.
• Personal data stored electronically is done so on devices with secure passwords and virus protection. Paper data is kept in secure storage.
• If members wish to contact each other this can only be done initially via the Membership
• Upon written notification members can withdraw consent for photos or videos of themselves to be published.
Members rights under GDPR
• To access their personal data.
• To be provided with information about how personal data is processed.
• To have personal data corrected.
• To have personal data erased in certain circumstances.
• To object to or restrict how personal data is processed.
• To complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Post: ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
DHRS Data Controller
Janine Bird, DHRS Membership Secretary
Cookies are used by this web site or our shopping cart web site
Cookies that maybe used by Santu and WorldPay in the processing of your
payments and are not part of the DHRS web sites.
The copyright and all other rights, in all of the material on this Site, are owned by the Society or its members, or the material is included with the permission of the rights owner.
As a visitor to this Site, you may use this material on this site for your own private or domestic purposes, but no copying, adapting or transmitting for any purpose other than for your own private or domestic purposes is permitted, without prior written permission from the Society.
Reproduction of this Web site, in whole or in part, in any form or medium without express written permission from the Society is prohibited.
The Information on this Site
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information on the Site is accurate and complete, we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission of any information.
Sales via our Web Site
Please note that the price of items and/or the postage charged, may vary from that published in our Darjeeling Mail magazine or other offer lists. This is due to the way the software on the web site has to calculate the overall costs on items in your 'shopping cart'.
Links to Other Sites
On this site you will be offered links to other sites which we hope you will be interest to you.
The Society dose not accept any responsibility for the content of these other sites, the owners of which do not necessarily have any link, commercial or otherwise, with the Society.
The presence of a link to a commercial site does not indicate that the Society endorses the products sold by the said site. Similarly the non-existence of a link to a commercial site does not imply that Society does not endorse products sold on that site.
|Sample Sales Items|
|terms and conds.|
|Paul Howard - Nov 2016|
|David Clark - 1943|
|Alwyn York - 1944|
|Tea & Tourism|
|Tour Report 2008|
|LBR May 2007|